Archive for August, 2010
Based upon WekeRoad from http://studiostyles.info/schemes/wekeroad-ink, but with some modifications because there where some color selections that made the text difficult to read.
Download the theme: codereflection-vs2010-theme
Something that is very important to me is minimizing friction so that I can code as fast or slow as I can think think about a problem. A big part of this is having a decent computer, but there are also things that you can do with a vanilla Visual Studio install to help minimize the friction you’ll face while writing code.
1) Turn off all the toolbars
2) Disable the HTML designer
3) Install TestDriven.NET
4) Re-map F5 to launch a file in Notepad that simply says "What the hell are you doing?!" F5 is just slowing you down
5) Turn off window animations
6) Closing the XAML preview
7) Closing all windows except Solution Explorer, Output, and Errors
8) CodeRush / Refactor Pro – turn off all GUI improvements